Benefits of Modular In-Plant Offices
What does it mean for you to visit your plant?
- Do you simply step out of your office to talk with your employees?
- Is there a long drive involved, to meet with workers who see you as some remote presence?
If you answered “B,” you may want to consider having an in-plant office installed. In this blog entry, we’ll talk about some of the ways an in-plant office can benefit you.
1. Your employees will be safer
Workers in plants and warehouses might have any number of safety concerns: insufficient maintenance, new and untrained employees, and unchecked hazards.
Having an in-plant office makes it easier for supervisors to recognize potential risks than if they’d been operating out of a faraway or secluded office. With an in-plant office, they can watch over employees and identify ways to improve safety for their entire team.
2. Your business will be more efficient
In-plant offices allow supervisors to get an up-close look at how their employees operate and to provide feedback on their work.
Employees are likely to be more productive knowing that the boss is there watching, even if you aren’t literally watching all day long. It also allows you to recognize workers who are doing an excellent job, and later reward them for their demanding work.
3. You’ll improve communication
Another benefit of in-plant offices is the way they allow you to improve communication between workers and management. This is important for dealing with everything from production delays and downtime to more serious workplace emergencies.
Again, by having a place to operate that’s close to your staff, you’ll be able to quickly and effectively respond to issues on the production floor.
4. In-plant offices save you money
A traditional office space requires a lot of heavy, costly construction. But in-plant offices tend to be prefabricated, and can be installed in just a few days.
5. You don’t have to use them as an office
Your in-plant office doesn’t have to be used as an office. It’s there for you if you want a quiet, well-lit climate controlled space to serve as a meeting room, lab, employee break room, or a place where visitors can observe operations.
If you think an in-plant office is right for your business, Greystone Equipment can help. We sell offices designed by Panel Built Incorporated, which are specially engineered for flexible design, ease of installation and durability.
You’ll be able to choose from two panel options:
- Polystyrene Core – an economical, lightweight panel with a high insulation R-value.
- Phenolic Resin Impregnated Honeycomb Core – a panel that is permanently bonded to one of many available facing materials.
PBI also offers a series of exclusive connection systems:
- Polystyrene panels – powder-coated binder post system provides stable connections and a raceway for electrical, phone and data.
- Honeycomb panels – electric, phone and data can go anywhere in this easy-to-install panel, which has matching divider strips that provide a conventional appearance.
- Modular tall wall capability
- Insulated windows
If you’re not sure what to choose, our expert staff is ready to help you find the option is right for you. Contact us today to get started on finding the perfect layout for your plant.